Good new for the housing market that pending home sales have increased according to this past December reports. See what the National Association of Realtor’s report says:
“Pending home sales increased as more buyers took advantage of improved affordability conditions, according to the National Association of RealtorsÂ®. Big gains in the South and Midwest offset modest declines in other regions. . . . .
NARâ€™s Housing Affordability index rose 10.9 percent in December to 158.8, the highest on record.2 The HAI shows that the relationship between home prices, mortgage interest rates and family income is the most favorable since tracking began in 1970.”
Did you know that not all Real Estate Agents can say the are a REALTOR?Â A REALTOR has to abide by a strict code of ethics and attends classes on those ethics.
Here is what Realtor.com has to say:
“A real estate agent is a REALTORÂ® when he or she becomes a member of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORSÂ®, The Voice for Real EstateÂ®, the world’s largest professional association. The term “REALTORÂ®” is a registered collective membership mark that identifies a real estate professional who is a member of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORSÂ® and abides by its strict Code of Ethics.”
Click here to read more.
I am so exited that the Steelers won. What a nail bitting game and some amazing plays. Do you ever think about what you would want in a winning Real Estate agent? What should a winning agent have who is going to list your home? Here are some things to think about that some people may not even consider.
1) Why should someone work with this agent? Why are they different from other agents?
2) Does the company your are considering have a good reputation in your community and sales stats to show they sell a lot of property in your community real estate market?
3) What is an agent going to do to market your home? Make sure you get a plan.
4) What are the stats of the company you might choose for the area you live in?
5) How many listings does the agent have? Sometimes having too many can listings can leave you and your house not getting the attention it needs.
6) Is your agent a full time agent? Many are not.
7) What happens if you are not happy with your agent?
Real Estate agents are all different, so these are some of the things that you should consider before making one of the most important financial investments in your life.