With all the hustle and bustle of life today, a home can easily get cluttered. Things that get can get forgotten sometimes are organizing cabinets, closets, and other storage areas. We just all need to take the time to put things back where they belong.
The ultimate goal is to have a tranquil – place to unwind and escape from stress. But if you have a cluttered home that may be difficult. Take a look at some easy tips for your home to get started on cutting the clutter:
1) Be realistic by setting goals. If you try to clean up your house in a hour or two that may only cause frustration. Start with one room at a time.
2) Come to terms with possessions that may have an emotional attachment ( a weakness for me ). It could be tough on letting go of some of those family items that have been passed down but other things can be thrown away, donated or sold.
3) Remove the clutter that is out in the open. Try to keep photo displays to a minimum, as well as artwork and knickknacks. If you have heavy curtains, try getting something lighter. Less clutter will make your rooms feel more spacious and open.
4) Alphabetize your DVDs, CDs and video games. You will thank yourself next time you go looking.
5) Store your seasonal clothing elsewhere when not in season.Â A good rule of thumb is if you haven’t worn it in 6 months donate it or sell it.
6) Control your mail and newspapers. Throw them away as soon as possible. Keep important items in a place that won’t be bothered. I find that I have to grab the bills from my mail immediately, because on a previous occasion, they have gotten to the middle of a pile that got moved to a closet and was never seen again until the late bill came.
Photo Copyright – Amy S Myers 2007-2011